PDF document recovery
PDF is one of the most used file types for documents.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a widely used file format developed by Adobe in 1992.
A PDF file contains all the elements of a printed document as a digital image.
In addition to text and images, PDF files can also contain hyperlinks, videos, buttons, and more.
The small size of a PDF file makes it very easy to share.
You may lose access to the pdf file for the following reasons:
- Accidental deletion of a pdf file.
- Logical failure of the device on which the pdf file was stored.
- Physical failure of the device on which the pdf file was stored.
How to recover PDF file
- Connect the device on which the lost pdf files were stored to the computer.
In the case of an external drive, in addition to the listed failures, there may also be a damage of the enclosure.
What to do if the enclosure breaks down is described on this page.
- Download, install and run ReclaiMe File Recovery.
- In the list of devices provided by ReclaiMe, find the one on which the lost pdfs were stored and start scanning by clicking the Start button.
- Wait until you receive a message that the Initial Scan is completed and begin checking the recovered data.
Use the Search function to find the files you need.
More information about what criteria you can specify for the search can be found on this page .
- If the necessary pdf files have already been restored and are displayed correctly in Preview, you may not continue scanning, but start copying files.
To do this you will need to buy a license key.
- If the required files are not yet available, continue scanning by clicking the Resume button.
Still have questions?