Searching for files and folders
The search panel is located below the folder tree in the main window.
Search panel buttons:
|Find - if you click this button, the "Search for" window is displayed, where you can specify the desired search parameters.|
|Remove search result - clicking this button removes the selected folder containing the search results.
The button is only active if there is at least one folder with the search results in the folder tree.|
|Find Next - use the button for displaying the next matching result to the search query.|
How to create a search query in the "Search for" window
If you click Find button, the Search for window is displayed, where you can specify the desired search parameters:
- File or folder name - enter file or folder name (or a part of it) to search for.
- Search for - use to specify the type of object to search for (normal/deleted, folder/file).
- Look in - use to define the search area (all folders or a particular folder and its subfolders).
- Size - allows you to specify the minimum and/or the maximum size of the desired object, in megabytes.
- Timestamps – use to specify the date of the last modification.
- Discard previous search results – set be default and discrads the previous search results when you initiate a new search. You can
uncheck the setting to refine the current search results.
Still have questions?