Seagate data recovery
Seagate hard drives, like any other devices, may fail resulting in data loss.
A hard drive failure can occur due either mechanical or logical issues.
In case of mechanical failures, the best solution is to contact a data recovery lab,
because such failures typically require complex equipment.
Symptoms of physical failures:
- unstable disk operation
- long boot time
- unusual drive noises (сlicking sound, repeated spin-up and spin-down)
Logical disk failures also often lead to the data loss.
There are two most common failures - accidental formatting of a hard drive and a file system damage
(so-called RAW filesystem issue).
In both cases, the data stored on the drive becomes inaccessible.
However, do not worry - the data can still be recovered using data recovery software like ReclaiMe.
It is important not to write new data to the original drive,
since this can lead to a complete loss of previously stored files.
How to recover data from Seagate hard drive using ReclaiMe
- Connect your Seagate drive to a PC (desktop or laptop).
- Download ReclaiMe File Recovery, install, and run it.
- Select the Seagate drive in the device list of ReclaiMe File Recovery software.
- Click the Start button and wait till ReclaiMe extracts your data from the Seagate drive.
- Check the recovery result. If data looks good, proceed with the purchase of the ReclaiMe license.
Still have questions?