How to recover deleted folder
Folders are designed to organize data storage.
They provide quick access to files.
By mistake, you can lose data that was stored in a specific folder, for example due to accidental deletion.
If this happens, please do not worry. In this article we will talk about how to recover a deleted folder.
Where do folders go after they are deleted?
When you click Delete, the folder doesn't disappear permanently—at least not right away.
If the Recycle Bin is not full and the folder size does not exceed the size of the Recycle Bin,
then the deleted files are transferred there. Recovering deleted files and folders from the Recycle Bin will not be difficult.
Right-click on the needed folder and select Restore.
How to recover an accidentally deleted folder
- Check the Recycle Bin on your computer.
If you see the desired deleted folder here, then right-click and select the Restore option.
- If the required folder is not in the Recycle Bin,
then you need to try scanning the device using a special data recovery software, like ReclaiMe.
- Download, install and run ReclaiMe File Recovery.
- Select the device on which the deleted folder was stored and start scanning by clicking the Start button.
- Wait for 2-3% of the scan and start checking the recovered data.
Use the Search function to quickly find the folder you need. Read more about what criteria you can specify on this page.
- If the deleted files are displayed correctly in the Preview window, buy a license key and save the data.
How to prevent folder/file loss
- Back up all your data to an external hard drive or cloud service regularly.
- Use a reliable antivirus and update it promptly.
These simple steps can provide maximum protection and help you avoid data loss.
Still have questions?