Where are deleted files in Windows 10?
When you delete a file on Windows 10, it usually goes to the Recycle Bin and you can easily recover it from there:
just open the Bin, find the file and right-click Restore.
But if the file is larger than the size of the Recycle Bin, or the Bin is full, or you delete the file using Shift+Del,
the file passes by the Recycle Bin. If you need to restore it, you will have to use a special data recovery software
- Download, install, and run ReclaiMe File Recovery.
- Identify the drive in question and click Start.
- Wait till the end of scanning.
- Use the search function of ReclaiMe –
you can type the file name or just use Find all deleted files.
- As soon as you find the files you need, check them and copy.
You can find a more detailed tutorial at this page - How to recover deleted files.
Still have questions?