Asustor RAID 0 Recovery
ASUSTOR was founded in 2011 and since then has been a leading supplier of devices for storing large amounts of data.
The manufacturer Asustor offers devices for both home and business use.
Asustor devices not only have a stylish external design, but also use all the advanced data storage methods,
such as the btrfs file system.
If you cannot access the data stored on Asustor RAID0, then the most likely reasons for this are:
- Failure of the Asustor device.
- RAID configuration failure.
- File system failure.
- Accidental volume formatting.
- Disk failure.
In all cases of data loss, except disk failure, you can try to recover the data yourself.
Since the RAID0 array does not have redundancy, the failure of even one disk leads to complete loss of data.
To recover your data, you need to fix the broken drive.
How to recover data from Asustor RAID 0
- Turn off your Asustor, remove all disks from it and connect them to a computer running Windows.
It is recommended to connect the drives directly to the motherboard,
but if there are no free ports, you can use special USB-to-SATA adapter with power.
- Download, install and run the ReclaiMe software, which can recover data from Asustor.
- In the list of devices from ReclaiMe, find the volume from Asustor NAS,
select it and start scanning by clicking the Start button.
- Wait until you receive a message that the Initial scan is completed and begin checking the recovered files.
If pictures, pdf, videos are shown correctly in Preview, then the recovery result can be considered good.
- Buy an Ultimate license key and copy the recovered data to another device.
If you don't see the volume from Asustor or the recovered data is not shown in Preview.
In this case, most likely RAID0 metadata is damaged.
Before recovering data, you need to first recover RAID metadata using another program - ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery.
How to recover RAID5 array parameters
- Download, install and launch ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery.
- Select all disks from RAID0 and click Start RAID0.
- Wait until the software restores the array parameters and select the Run ReclaiMe to recover files option.
- In the RecliaMe File Recovery software window, select the volume from Reconstructed RAID and start scanning on it.
- Wait until the program displays the recovered files and check them in Preview.
- If you are satisfied with the recovery result, buy the Ultimate license key, and save the data in a safe place.
Still have questions?