"The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."
You can get such an error when trying to open a volume with a RAW file system.
In our metadata editing experiment to find out the most common metadata errors,
we got this message after we zeroes the pointer to the FAT table in the FAT boot sector.
In general, you need to understand that such error means that the operating system no longer recognizes file system metadata and therefore it
cannot provide access to files and folders.
The only safe way to get your files and folders back from such a RAW drive is data recovery using software capable of recovering data from Windows file systems,
such as ReclaiMe File Recovery.
You will need to take a few simple steps:
- Download data recovery software.
- Install and run it on the computer to which the RAW disk is connected.
- Find your drive in the list of devices. Most likely it will be under the Logical drives section with the RAW mark.
- Start recovery on the volume and wait for the software to bring files and folders, it usually takes a couple of minutes for a small flash drive.
- Evaluate the quality of the recovery using the preview function - choose document files like pdf or pictures such as jpg, tiff, png.
- Buy a license key and copy the recovered data to another drive.
Once the data has been copied, you can format the drive in Disk Management
and continue using it for new data.
Still have questions?