The Disks button displays the device list (disks, flash drives, and etc.) available
in the computer and allows you to select the one you need to recover data from.
Keep in mind that ReclaiMe can only display the media for which you have access rights.
You need administrator rights to see all the media.
For each device in the list, its name, size and filesystem type are displayed.
Note that the displayed filesystem type is taken from the information provided by the device.
To refresh the device list, click the Disks button again.
The drop-down menu of the Disks button
- Open disk image - opens the file containing a sector-by-sector copy of the disk (such file is called a "disk image file").
- Create disk image - creates a disk image file.
- Load XML file
For more information about the list of the devices please refer to the appropriate User Manual section - Device list.
When you start ReclaiMe File Recovery software, the Start button is disabled.
The button becomes active as soon as you have selected the media from which you want to recover data.
Once you clicked the button, ReclaiMe starts to look for files and folders on the selected media.
Immediately after you click Start, the main window changes:
- Left side - the folder tree.
- Top right - the list of objects in the selected folder.
- Bottom right - the content of the selected file.
When you start ReclaiMe, Stop is inactive.
The button is active while ReclaiMe is analysing the device (right after you have clicked Start).
When you click Stop, the data recovery process is terminated.
You can save files and folders that ReclaiMe has already found (note that the save function is only available in the activated version of ReclaiMe).
You can't resume the analysis after using the Stop button; if necessary, the analysis should be initiated once again.
When you click Save in the evaluation version of ReclaiMe File Recovery software,
the message "This function is not available in the evaluation version" is displayed.
To save the recovered data you need to purcahse a license key and then activate your copy of ReclaiMe.
Keep in mind that you can activate ReclaiMe directly during the recovery process even when you are viewing the recovered data.
This means that you do not have to re-run ReclaiMe and wait the result of recovery again.
Further discussion only applies to the activated version of ReclaiMe.
When you start ReclaiMe, the Save button is disabled. Save turns on when there is something to save.
You can save the recovered data either during the recovery process or when recovery is finished.
When you click Save, a drop-down menu containing the following items appears:
- Save folder... - is available when you select one of the folders from the folder tree (left panel of the main window).
- Save object(s) - is only available after selecting one or several objects from the list of objects (top right).
- Save all except searches... - allows you to save all files and folders found during the recovery process.
After you have selected the desired mode from the drop-down menu, the standard
Windows dialog appears and you need to specify the location for the recovered data.
Important: the Save button only works within the scope of your license.
In those cases where some data can't be saved due to a license restriction you get the message "Some files were not copied because ...".
For more information on the license types, refer to the purchase page.
When you click Activate, the Purchase and activate window is displayed where
the step-by-step instruction on how to activate your version of ReclaiMe is provided.
- Purchase a license key. The license key is sent to the e-mail address you used to place the order.
- Enter the license key into the appropriate field of the Purchase and activate window.
- Click Activate automatically over the Internet.
Keep in mind that an internet connection is required for the activation of ReclaiMe.
If for some reason the activation over the Internet is not possible, then use the Activate via e-mail button.