Searching for files and folders
The search panel is located below the folder tree in the main window.
Search panel buttons:
|Find - if you click this button, the "Search for" window is displayed, where you can specify the desired search parameters.|
|Remove search result - clicking this button removes the selected folder containing the search results.
The button is only active if there is at least one folder with the search results in the folder tree.|
|Find Next - use the button for displaying the next matching result to the search query.|
How to create a search query in the "Search for" window
If you click Find button, the Search for window is displayed, where you can specify the desired search parameters:
- File or folder name - enter file or folder name (or a part of it) to search for.
- Search for - use to specify the type of object to search for (normal/deleted, folder/file).
- Look in - use to define the search area (all folders or a particular folder and its subfolders).
- Size - allows you to specify the minimum and/or the maximum size of the desired object, in megabytes.
The "Search for" window buttons
When you click Find all, the search with the specified parameters is launched.
The new root folder is created to contain the search results (files and folders).
As for the name of this folder, it consists of "Search for" and the text entered in the "File or folder name" field.
To view the search results, click the appropriate "Search for" folder and the matching objects
will be displayed in the list of objects.
Please note the following changes concerning the list of objects:
- There is a new "Location" column in the list of objects, displaying the location of the found objects.
- Only the first 12,000 objects matching to the search query are displayed.
Use Find Next and Find Previous buttons to move forward or backward to the next matching result.