How to find a data recovery service
Why you may want to contact a data recovery lab
Finding a data recovery service
- The data recovery service (also called "lab") is the safest option to recover a drive with a mechanical damage.
If there is an unusual sound from the hard drive, consider it mechanically bad.
Also, it is a good idea to send a device to the lab if the magnitude of the problem is too big. For example, it is difficult to deal with
a failed 12 TB RAID in-house just because of its sheer capacity.
Last not least, one sends data to the recovery service due to responsibility considerations.
If data is irrecoverable, it is the service who says that, not you.
- Ask local IT folks if they have any proven reference. Maybe a service one of them used in the past.
Open Google and search for a data recovery service, starting with the nearest location.
Call them and ask about your situation. Make sure the following points are covered
- They actually understood your situation and any constraints thereof.
- Shipment and turnaround time.
- "No data - no fee" policy. You do not have to pay if they fail to recover data.
- Pricing. The data recovery service job is not very cheap. However, there are certain typical cases that would go under a hundred dollars.
We have some other software you may like